Monday, March 20, 2017

March 16th, 2017 -Heading to Jaipur, India

Skipped the early morning safari and slept in. I thought that since I did
not go, surely, my tour companions, Carol and Larry, would see a tiger. But
it was not to be. Depending on who you talk to, or what book you read, one
only has a 20-30% chance of seeing tigers. That said, I am sure they saw us,
but with the bounty of food in the park, they were not interested in
checking us out.

After they returned from the safari and had a quick breakfast it was time to
head to our next destination, Jaipur. There is a Rajasthani proverb that
asks, "What have I accomplished in my life, if I have not seen Jaipur."

Arrived in Jaipur and visited the City Palace, begun in 1727. The upper six
floors of the Chandra Mahal, or Mon Palace, located here are still occupied
by the family of the last maharaja and their flag flies when they are in
residence.

Took a rickshaw ride around the bustling "Old City" aka "the Pink City",
full of restaurants, shops and lots of people. Like elsewhere in India the
most exciting part was crossing the road - you just keep moving and do not
look!

Headed back to the hotel to get some rest for the next crack of dawn
morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment