Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17th - Berlin, Germany

I started the day bright and early at 6:30AM with a three hour train ride
into Berlin (yes, three hours). Who knows when I will get this close to
Berlin again, so I decided the long journey was worth it since I have never
visited Berlin.

I played the "tourist" and visited the city's main highlights: remnants of
the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Schauspielhaus Concert Hall, Linden
Boulevard, Humboldt University, the square where the Nazi's held the famous
book burning, Brandenburg Gate which now has come to symbolize German unity,
the Reichstag - seat of the German parliament, Victory Column and the Allied
Museum.

After a long day of being a "tourist" (along with jillions of others) it was
time to board the train again to return to the ship and enjoy the sail away
as the sun was starting to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment