Monday, March 21, 2016

March 19th - Nathon, Koh Samui

Spent the night in Singapore before boarding the MS Volendam on March 17th.
I think I have recovered from the gruesome flying time.

The temps in Singapore were the same as in Maui, but the humidity and lack
of breezes really make a difference.

Upon arrival to the ship I ran into Anto, one of my favorite dining room
stewards on Holland America. He took such great care of me for three of the
four months I spent on the Rotterdam in 2014, I asked if it was possible to
have him as my server again - presto, change, thanks HAL, he and Rim will be
taking care of me each evening until I leave the ship in May.

Since leaving the Rotterdam, Anto and his bride have welcomed a son to their
family, he is a very happy and proud father!

Our first port of call is Nathon, Koh Samui in Thailand. What an adventure.

Took a 90 minute speedboat ride to the Ang Thong National Marine Park,
stopping at various places along the way for snorkeling, swimming, kayaking
and a Thai lunch on the beach.

Tomorrow heading to Bangkok for a couple of days, then will be taking
another overland upon arrival to Cambodia. Will catch up on my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment